Thursday, October 19, 2017

Week 71: Eventful week- Back to San Vicente!

Wow last night it happened again! Hna. Lopez and I recieved a call from President and for our protection, we have to leave Claypole. No nothing has happened to the hermanas in the mission, but we often feel uncomfortable- it is really poor here which makes us targets for robbers and there are lots of gangs of drunk men in the streets. It is really just better that Elders work here. Elders will come in our place and we are going to San Vicente!

  I couldn't believe it! I will finish my mission in the same city that I started! I feel so blessed. There are already hermanas there and so we will be working in what used to be the Elder´s area when I served there. The other hermanas are in a trio and so it will be 5 of us living in the same pension! The apartment is really small so it will be a little crazy with tight living spaces but the other hermanas are awesome. I already got to know them in the exchanges I had there last transfer. My companion is Sister Training leader so there will still be lots of traveling!



    

      After hours of packing we are ready to leave, and just so you know all the things in the picture not just mine! We will be picked up in about an hour! I will miss a few members and investigators here in Claypole but I am more than excited to work in San Vicente and be able to see how the branch has changed throughout my mission!

I don´t have much time, but this week was awesome! We had 2 Family Home Evening's: one with our investigator Nora and her spouse and three young sons. We made empanadas and watched a "Mormon message" video which brought the Spirit into the home. We were able to talk about God's plan for us. It was so great and I love teaching people like them who understand and want to learn! 

The other was a FHE with the Olariaga family, members, that have 5 kids. One of kids, Manu,  is about to turn 8 but had doubts about if he wanted to be baptized. So we did an object lesson about baptism and watched the video from the church when Jesus got baptized. The kids are all crazy, but during and a few moments after the video there was absolute silence and the Spirit was so strong! Now Manu is excited to be baptized at the end of this month. Afterwards we all played Jenga. In both of these nights I loved being in a family setting. I miss the craziness sometimes! 

Hermana Lopez is really persistent and has a way of persuading many of the people in the street to listen to us. With one man, she basically entered his house without permission and he didn´t know what to do! It was so funny! We ended up teaching him and his wife! We also helped a lady in the street move sand into her backyard and afterwards we were able to teach a lesson to her and her daughter. We also taught an old investigator, Ximena who is 13 years old who never knew her dad and lost her mom to cancer three years ago. I loved being able to testify of the Plan of Salvation and help her feel that she will see her mom again. 

We also taught a few other investigators including Oscar and Alicia. The Elders had a baptism this weekend and two boys were baptized whose parents have been reactivated in the church. 

We did service helping make mother´s day gifts since it was Mother´s day here.

Hermana Medford went home yesterday. It was so sad to see her go and start this new phase in her life! It was amazing to see how she worked until the end! I know my time is coming soon as well! 

I am just trying to think of everything that happened but I don´t have more time now! It was a great week to say the least!








No comments:

Post a Comment