Friday, November 17, 2017

Week 75: Seeing the Lord's Hand in our Work

This week we were able to teach Mica, Marianela, Ana and Lucas, and our 4 new investigators that we found. They are progressing slowly, but I loved the time we could spend teaching them. I am excited about an investigator that we found yesterday named Juana. I was amazed as she said she had been searching for something more because she felt confused in her church. The message about the restauration made sense to her and she accepted a baptism date so we will see! 

On Saturday Marianela (15) and Lucia (18) got baptized and it was the best baptism of my mission! It was super spiritual and both girls have such strong testimonies and have so much potential! Us 5 hermanas prepared a special musical number and I was able to accompany on the piano. And Hermana Molinero (now Camila) suprised us and showed up at the baptism! She went home in September and is already back to visit! Also Hna. Abate Daga got engaged and will get married on April 25! Wow!

I had taught Lucia´s family in my training and they were all really closed off to the church but now one of Lucia´s sisters is baptized and her mom Sonia is an active dry member- she has to wait to get divorced and then married to get baptized. Now every week they give us almuerzo and wash our clothes and Sonia is like our mom on the mission. She invited us over for lunch today on P-day! Their family is super awesome and I think it is only a matter of time until the whole family joins the church.

Mom- That's so great that you guys could find a van and that you got a good return for your bike! I am so excited to meet the Gonzalez family and be able to use my Spanish- it will be a bit different from their Puerto Rican Spanish, but I think we will understand each other just fine. haha That's great that Dad is eating healthy!



 Zone Activity with President and Sister Calquin










 Baptism of Marianela (15) and Lucia (18)




No comments:

Post a Comment