Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 38:Inspiring Conference, Nadya's Passing, Visit from Sister Training Leaders



This week went by fast- we had Zone Conference on Thursday which took up the whole day. There were a lot of presentations from leaders and the president which were all really good and then we ate pizza for lunch and divided into smaller groups  for more classes. My mission President's wife, Hermana Calquin, taught a class for just the Hermanas. (She told us that we would start using pants in September or October of this year, so I´ll have a few months with pants!) Overall the day was really inspiring and it was so great to see and talk to other missionaries. 


Zone Conference

Afterwards I had exchanges with Hermana Shepard. We went together to Caรฑuelas for Thursday night and Friday. We received a message on Thursday that Nadya, the lady with cancer, died earlier that day.  We were sad to receive the news that it happened so soon.

Together Hermana Shepard and I taught Maria del Carmen. She accepted a baptismal date for March 11. She is going to be a big focus of ours so she can quit smoking. From Wednesday to Thursday 8 other missionaries, 4 other members of her family, and Hermana Diaz and I are going to fast for comfort for Nadya's family and so Maria del Carmen can lose the desire to smoke. If you would like to join in please feel free. 

We also taught a lesson with Mercedes and we all felt the Spirit. Hermana Shepard bore powerful testimony and I invited Mercedes to be baptized. She didn't accept a baptismal date but is going to keep reading and praying. I can understand a little bit of why she is hesitant. She has been Catholic all of her life and all of her family too. Her husband doesn't want to listen to us either so it makes it really hard.
German's Birthday
 
I loved teaching with Hermana Shepard. She told me that I have improved in my self-confidence and my Spanish a lot since the last time we were together a few months back. That was good to hear! 

Then on Saturday, we had a really good lesson with Regina.She accepted a baptismal date for March 11 too! She is so sweet and we really hope that she can continue to progress!

It finally didnt rain of Sunday so German, Elba, and Lucas all came to church. It was my turn to teach Gospel Principles. Before, I had always taught with my companion, so it was my first time teaching an hour lesson by myself, let alone in Spanish! But I did it and it wasn't so hard! It went well and I am so glad that I did it. It was also German´s birthday so Hermana Dias made a cake and we had a lesson and enjoyed talking.  It is going to be hard to say goodbye to them.

        
This upcoming week will be different: Two other sisters, Hermana Walker from Arizona and Hermana Menezes from Brazil will be living with us all week. They will be helping us find more people to teach and make more contacts in our area. Since there are more sister missionaries than safe areas in the mission, they travel from one area to the next each week and help strengthen the areas. Every day we will switch and be companions with someone different. It should be interesting!

Love you guys!

I'm so excited to hear news about Dean completing his mission papers! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Editor's Note:
First the first time this school year, the twins were home from school when Audrey e-mailed, so they got to exchange a few notes during Audrey's hour.


Aaron to Audrey:  Oh this year in Bascket ball in the season I made 26 points but there is still 1 game left. 

Audrey: Wow Aaron thats awesome! That is a lot of points! Let me know how your last game goes! Here are some photos of a spider we found here is Argentina yesterday that I think you might like.




Aaron: the picture of the spider is cool

Audrey: Yeah I hate spiders but the web and the spider was pretty incredible. As long as it doesn't touch me I am good.
___

JJ to Audrey: Hello
my hair is not to short before I grew it out just for you! a few days ago I watched finding dory so hopefully
it will get more cheap so you can watch it.It has been getting pretty warm here.I love you so much xoxo hugs and kisses.
๐Ÿ˜…๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‘—๐Ÿ’ฎ๐Ÿ“ p.s we sold our chickens.

Audrey to J.J.:
Ohh I am excited to watch Finding Dory with you! I also want to watch the movie with Moana (I dont remember what it is called. It is really hot here and most of the people here have swimming pools in their back yards to cool off but us as missionaries cant go swimming so it is a little hard! We get around using bikes, buses and trains here so it is different! I havent been in a car for months! How did Valentines Day go? I bought you a really cute gift this week! :) I love you so much! ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ˜˜



J.J.: Hi again.  poor you. I can see how hot it is there.Time is going so fast I noticed that a few days ago was
the 100th day of school.Where are you in the book of Mormon? I am in Jarom and Aaron is in Enos. 

Audrey: Your Valentiness are so funny JJ! I am in Mosiah 22. 

J.J. I gotta get reading more and I think Moana is called Mona because that is how all the avertisements say it

J.J. Oh okay- I cant watch TV here so I have no idea how it is. Have you watched that movie or any other new movies? Do you like Finding Dory? Is it better that Finding Nemo?

J.J.: I've been watching High School Musical a lot. I like Finding Nemo better because it's not as sad.

Audrey: Oohh I like High School Musical a lot too-- the music is fun to sing. How did Valentines Day go at school? Here my companion gave me a shirt and a belt and a nice note as a gift. 

J.J. Good, all we pretty much got was lolly pops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment