Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Week 52: Over the Hump: the One Year Mark

It is hard for me to believe that I have been in Argentina for a year! I have obtained better study habits and a stronger testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have had to humble myself as I learned a new language. I have learned to trust in the Lord´s plan more. I know that complaining or comparing ourselves to others only hurts us. It is hard for me to answer if I have overcome weaknesses- I am proud that I have learned Spanish and have overcome thinking about home a lot. I am sure I have but it is hard to notice the changes in me- everyday I am learning little from the people we talk to, the positive attitude of my companions, from the experiences we go through but it is hard to recognize these little changes that become a part of who I am.

This week was amazing as we found 8 new investigators- 7 of them with a baptism date! We made a goal to talk to as many people possible in the street and I am amazed at how many people let us in! We are giving our about 25 Libros de Mormon a week and are teaching a lot- with all this practice I am feeling much better about my teaching skills! My companions and I have great unity and I love teaching in a trio. This has to be my favorite transfer so far in my mission.

From Tuesday to Thursday Hna. Rivarola and I went to Lomas de Zomora with Hna. Moreta while Hna. Lopez had exchanges with two other hermanas. My favorite part was that we got to teach Gaston again- the man (37 years old) that was so great who we taught one of his first lessons and got a baptism date with him. I was so happy to hear that he had gained his own testimony! It was so special to hear his experiences- he really is someone who was so ready to accept the gospel. Even his kids said that he was much happier since he started going to church and now the missionaries are going to start teaching his 17 year old son. He got baptized on Saturday!

Sorry I don´t have pictures this week and that this is a little short- I am out of time! We are all super nervous to hear what will happen next transfer. On Saturday our leaders will call us! On Wednesday we have a special Conference where all the mission and the Argentina MTC will be meeting in Adrogue to listen to Whitney Clayton from the Presidency of the Seventy. It should be an awesome experience!

Love you all!

Hermana McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment