Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Week 62: Though Patience Required, Tender Mercies Abound

This week was a bit hard- it was really cold and windy all week and our investigators that we were excited about- Evelin and Sol are trying our patience. We couldn't find them both this week at all! We would call and make an appointment and then they wouldn't be there. We had a lot of other appointments but nearly all of them fell through. I feel peace because I know we are doing our part, but it still hurts a bit when we only were able to teach 1 lesson to investigators and the rest of the time we are just walking and knocking doors. Missionary work in the winter is a little slow at times. On the bright side, my legs are super strong! :)

Our only lesson was with Mariela, Azul, and Alma and we watched The Testaments as their first Family Home Evening. It was awesome and it is easy to see that they are changing and are more happy as a family. They have been reading and praying and are just waiting until September when Alma and Azul can go to church and be baptized!

The lunches with members are a big part of what keeps me going and I have come to love them so much! There are a lot of widows in the ward that give us lunch and they are so happy to be with us and have someone to talk to because they live alone! It is amazing to hear their testimonies that they have despite many deaths in the family and hardships in their lives. 

We started teaching a less active family and we were able to keep teaching Juana and Victoriano and his health was good enough that he came to church this week for the first time in 3 months! 

My favorite part of the week was when we visited a nursing home as a zone and talked with them and then sang hymns. It reminded me of visiting Masonic Village and it was so good to help make their day a little better. The lady that is in the picture appears depressed but I talked with her for a while and she is super awesome! Her name is Susana and she is 97 years old! She was born in 1920 and it was amazing to hear about her life. They had the heat turned up a lot so all of the faces of us from the states are super red! 
                                        Singing at a Senior Center with the Zone

Then this morning we had a pancake breakfast party with all the hermanas that are serving in the Banfield stake. It was super fun! We went to the apartment of hermanas that live in Lomas de Zamora, and the pictures are from on top of the skyscraper that they live in! Every P-day we go to Lomas to write our families and buy our food and it is so fun to go look on all the shops there are in the "mall" and be in the city for a few hours. I am going to miss Lomas!

Mom- I am excited to do excercise with you too! I am glad that you had a great anniversary and that you won those two league matches! You look so good and healthy in the photo Dad sent me! I am so proud that you are my mom! Thanks for being a healthy role model for me.

I love you all!

Love,

Hermana McBride

 The View from the Hermana's apartment in Lomas de Zamora


 All the Hermanas in the Banfield Area







No comments:

Post a Comment