Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 64: Family Progressing, Transfers Approaching

To answer your question Mom, yes, I am still playing the piano every week in sacrament meeting! That´s great that you guys were able to go to the Philadelphia  temple! My prayers have been answered and I will be able to go to the Buenos Aires temple on Sep. 9th to see the sealing of Laura and Brian who were baptized during my training in August! I am super excited!

On Wednesday we helped a few sisters in a Relief Society activity print family names to take to the temple. It was fun and I will send pictures afterward. The Relief Society president was really stressed out because everyone who was going to help cancelled last minute so she was so grateful that we could come and help. 

    Helping the Relief Society Sisters

On Thursday we had an appointment with Mariela, Alma, and Azul and the daughters have a baptism date for September 16. Transfers are next week and I will probably leave the area so I won't be there but oh well- I am just happy that this family is learning and progressing!

Afterwards we visited Alejandra and her kids, recent converts, and it was so great! Her kids had really awesome questions and we taught Ale about the meaning of a patriarchal blessing. I loved being with their family and she gave us really yummy cake so that was a plus! That same night a widow named Mirta Colosimo (member) called us and invited us over too. She lives alone and wasn't feeling good so we went and helped her in the house and gave her some company. And she gave us more food- we were so stuffed afterwards! We were overly blessed with food that day!

On Friday and Saturday we mainly stayed in the pench and rested because first I got sick and then Hna. Zarate! We have a sore throat, stuffy nose, and a terrible cough. We bought some medicine but it seems like every day we are getting worse so we are going to the doctor today to see if they can give us something that helps. We are so tired of feeling bad and I hope we get better soon! 

Yesterday we had a special video conference in the stake center where we watched Elder Rasband and other authorities talk specifically to all of Argentina, Uraguay, and Paraguay. One of the talks was about missionary work and the members and it was awesome! At the same time it made me a little sad that the members aren´t very involved in the work. I would love it if the members would give us more references and would help us find more people to teach. Just us, the work is hard and not very efficient. The people are more receptive if they can hear the testimony of a friend. I can count the number of lessons I´ve taught with members in my mission on two hands and I wish it could have been different.

This week is Week 6 of the transfer so we will be waiting anxiously to hear our transfers on Saturday! 

Love you!

Hermana McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment