Thursday, September 21, 2017

Week 67:Getting to Revisit my First Area!

Mom I am glad that you are feeling better and that JJ is feeling better now! How scary that she was so sick! I can see from pictures from dad that she is well taken care of. Hopefully she´ll be able to go home soon!

This week on Wednesday I had intercambios (exchanges) and I was able to return to San Vicente! I was able to see Laura and Brian again as well as Noemi and Claudio and a few investigators who I taught when I was there- Sonia and Graciela. It was surreal to walk down the same streets again and talk with same people that I remember I couldn't understand what they were saying before. We all laughed about the old times and were able to reflect on what happened this year that has passed.

Back in Claypole, in was harder to find Karla and Ricardo´s whole family together, but we were able to talk with Karla a lot because she sells toys and clothes in the train station of Claypole which is in front of our pension. It is a little different to teach in the middle of a train station, but I love that Karla is willing to study with us even at work. They didn´t come to church this week even when we went to pick them up, but Karla felt bad that they didn´t go and promised that the next week they would come. Finally on Sunday afternoon we could teach Karla, Ricardo, and Juan in their home and it went really well! They are excited to keep investigating and Juan and the three kids above 8 have October 7 as a baptism date! Ricardo is working on the papers for his divorce so they can get married. Karla already bought skirts for her and her daughters so they were more like everyone else at church.

There are so many people here that have to get divorced to be able to get married to their current spouse- we found a new investigator named Silvia who is in this situation. I can think of so many other famiies I have taught who can´t get baptized because they can´t pay what it costs to get divorced. It is so sad because they want to get baptized so bad! We had other lessons this week too and I love being able to share my testimony and teach the simple truths of the gospel!

This week was also Zone Conference and we all went to Adrogue. A lot of new missionaries have come and are continuing to come. As I heard other Americans trying to speak, I remember that I was the same, but now it seems so far away. As I was talking to a new Hna. from the States who couldn´t understand much, I had to think pretty hard to talk in English to translate. 

In the conference, they showed videos of converts from this mission thanking the missionaries who taught them and explaining how the gospel has changed their life. The work of a missionary really is amazing. I feel so grateful to be here. They taught us how to be better teachers and overall it was a great spiritual experience.



                              Saturday we helped a member in her garden for a few hours for service

 Monday morning for district activity we played paddle-ball!

                     I loved it so much- the first time in a long time that I could play on a court!


                           It was awesome and it was a beautiful day! It is starting to get warmer here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment