Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 12: ."Feeling a Little More Confident" (End of 1st Transfer)

 It has been one transfer (6 weeks) since I left the MTC. This week I felt much better and I can understand the majority of the Spanish I hear. I am feeling more and more confident with my Spanish and am getting to know the members more.






We had a Relief Society activity from this week with the best turnout yet since I´ve been in San Vicente. We were making decorations for Laura´s wedding. She is the second one from the left and is really amazing! She is a friend of Noemi.  Laura, her husband, and her 9 yr old son are getting baptized on Saturday! They were just living together and were never married so in order to be baptized they are getting married on Friday. They live in our area, but the Elders teach them since the father is more comfortable with them. Laura feeds us every week and asks us questions about the lessons and so we have been teaching her too. They are a family that is truly ready for the gospel and have accepted it whole-heartedly. They are so excited to be baptized. This week we will be doing lots of service helping Laura prepare the food and decorations for the wedding. 





 Here is the Familia Campagna: Noemi, Claudio, and their son Gonzi. They were baptized 8 months and are super amazing. They feed us once a week and Noemi comes to lessons with us 2 or more times a week. I love them so much!


Here is the "pench!" (apartment)  We are super safe and the gate opens by remote control, so I feel pretty cool. 

 We have another room that is the same size as the bedroom for our laundry, bikes, shoes, and suitcases. ​






This is Edith and her family. They feed us often, and... They actually have paint on their walls!  Edith is really sweet and always makes great comments when we teach Gospel Principles which I appreciate so much.


Elder Allan F. Packer

We are very excited that this week Elder Allan F. Packer of the Quorum of the Seventy is coming to visit our mission. He will be speaking to all 180 missionaries in the mission, and then will be interviewing 12 missionaries. President Calquin asked me to be one of the missionaries who will be interviewed. I am nervous but grateful at the same time. (My companion is jealous.)  


Times up. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment