Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week 26: Crazy Week: Unexpected Change

Wow this week was LOCO! On Friday night the assistentes of the president called us and said that they are closing Aldo Bonzi for hermanas. We were also informed that on Sunday Hermana Molinero and I are going to be transferred to Cañuelas and that Hermana Ortiz is going to Monte Grande. It is week 3 in the transfer and we have no idea why we had to leave our area in the middle of the transfer, but after a busy weekend of saying goodbye to the members and all of our investigators :( and packing we are now here in Cañuelas getting lost in a new area! I was so sad to leave Aldo Bonzi after just 2 months but I had no say in the situation.


The pictures are with members. I love them so much and cherish my short 2 months in Aldo Bonzi. Right when I was getting comfortable, knew the area pretty well, loved the members, and was at my peak of happiness in Aldo Bonzi I had to leave. I have never felt like I had such little control of my life. We had plans for my birthday and Christmas with people and now we had to cancel everything.



There are a lot more pictures but these computers are bad again like in San Vicente. Cañuelas is a small country town like San Vicente and I am feeling good in this new area. I didn't want to leave, but now I am here and have to make the best of the situation. I only had this morning to see the area but so far it is pretty and the people are generally more friendly than they were in Aldo Bonzi. It is a branch here and we are taking over an area that belonged to Elders that had to change areas too. They left the pench clean and organized with food and notes about 10 investigators.  Many of them have baptismal dates so it seems as if there is potencial for success here.

Before the call of the changes, the week was so good. One day we made divisions with a member Hna. Rossella who is a saint. She always gave us the best lunches and has a really special light and testimony. She joined the church about 9 years ago and now works in the Stake Relief Society. She has 3 kids and is so incredibly nice. She is one of my favorite people from Aldo Bonzi and I got a whole afternoon with her all to myself! I got to guide the area and we taught an investigator together and spoke to people in the street. And she bought me ice cream! That day is one of my favorites in the mission. Seriously I was loving my life in Aldo Bonzi.

We also were able to do service for two different member families, helping one move and helping another sand and paint their cement walls. We also taught 6 lessons and our investigadors were so good. The work was really progressing and I am so sad to leave our investigators. We didn't have time to say goodbye to a lot of them. There still are Elders but they already have a ton of work in their area and our investigators are all women so the Elders can´t teach them without another guy present and it is hard to find members to accompany the Elders.

Dad:

Wow, it sounds like you had a great weekend in Philly! The temple is beautiful! I miss the temple so much on the mission and I cannot wait to go again. This was a great week to put my name on the prayer roll of the temple. This surprise change of areas is quite the experience and it is exhausting.

I am not worried about the package- I am excited to receive it but I am going to be so busy in Cañuelas meeting all the members and investigators and getting accustomed to the new area that I won't have a lot of time to think about it. Seriously the time is passing so fast! November flew by in record time! Oh and today marks one year until I come home! It really isn't that much time, right?

Thank you for the history of the church in South America.  It is so interesting and gives me more hope for the growth of the church here. 

Below are pictures of my district and my wonderful ward members and families in the Aldo Bonzi Ward. I'm sad to leave them but grateful for the blessing of getting to know them in my two short months in the ward:










No comments:

Post a Comment