Thursday, July 27, 2017

Week 59: My New Companion- Hermana Zerate

So I had written a nice long letter before and somehow it all got deleted before I could send it! :( Now I am out of time but I will try to sum up the week quickly!

Transfers: I am staying in Temperley and received Hermana Zarate from Peru as my new companion! She just left her first area and has 3 months in the mission. She was with Hermana Manner and didn´t move far- she is in the same zone! In the photo of the zone she is sitting to my right. She got baptized two years ago and is super sweet! It is going to be an awesome transfer! I feel so blessed for my companions! It was so hard to say goodbye to Hermana Rivarola! We are such great friends and the scary thing in the mission is that you never know if you will see them again. Hermana Roman has finished her mission and will be flying to Ecuador today- we were able to see her on Saturday for the last time! It is cool having all of my companions from other countries, but it will be difficult to see them again after the mission!  :(  At least there is Skype!

Other highlight: We have been teaching Marcela after all and even though she says she still isn´t ready to be baptized, she knows the church is true! Before she struggled with the idea of no coffee and tea, but this week she told us that for a few weeks now she had decided that she wasn´t going to drink them more! On the last night with Hna Rivarola she made us empanadas and told us she wanted us at her baptism! She still doesn´t accept a date, but her heart is softening and she is progressing! (the photo is of Marcela and her mom Kika- the people we found on my first day here in Temperley that I talked about in Skype)

We are teaching Mariela and her hijas Azul and Alma (ages 9 and 10). They are so fun to teach and we hope the daughters can be baptized this transfer, we will see!
I'm Going to Miss Hermana Rivarola Dearly!


 My Zone. My new companion Hma Zerate (from Peru) is just to my right


 Marcela and her mom Kika

Marcela made us Empanadas

___



Mom, I wrote Dean the first week and he didn´t respond my questions, so I have just been forwarding my weekly message to him. This week I will add something for him. sounds like it was a rough week for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment